How to Clean Reusable Cotton Rounds?
The use of cotton rounds is a common practice to remove all kinds of makeover materials. It is the most hygienic byproduct for removing astringents, toners, lotions, and whatnot from your face! It has also the use of removing lipstick and hard nail polish. Generally, these cotton rounds are for one-time use only. But as one might need to apply and remove their makeovers frequently or needs to clean the surface of face skin quite often, it becomes a subject of annoyance for them. Both in terms of financial and environmental.
There comes reusable cotton round as savior. Compared to the usual nonerasable, one-time-only cotton rounds or pads the reusable cotton rounds can be used over a hundred times. They come in a special material which makes them long-lasting even with frequent use. But to wipe your face the next time you need to clean them beforehand after previous use. Read thoroughly to get an easy solution for cleaning reusable cotton rounds.
- Reusable bamboo cotton rounds are easy to wash by hand and machine wash at your home.
- Avoid using bleaching powder, softener, and high amounts of detergents while machine washing it as these will make the cotton round harmful for your skin and eventually unusable.
- Reusable cotton rounds are best for saving money, the environment and reducing deforestation.
Reusable Cotton Rounds
Ever wondered what makes the reusable cotton rounds such durable to use even over a hundred times? The answer relies on the very component and way of their making. Reusable cotton rounds are made of more sustainable, thicker materials like pure bamboo and even hemp. They are helpful in every sense as they contain no hazardous elements in them thus good for the face skin to use, can be used over and over again with proper cleaning, and are disposable once they deem to be expired their lifespan. So use of cotton reusable cotton rounds benefits its user financially as you can use them over and over again. And it is eco-friendly, as more single-use cotton rounds mean more deforestation.
Clean Your Reusable Cotton Round By Hand
The most convenient way of cleaning reusable cotton is to simply wash them by following some simple methods. Cleaning reusable cotton rounds by hand is more convenient because it takes less time and the user can just wash it off right after using it. Thus before the next use, it is all ready to clean your face again. You can wash these cotton rounds using some homegrown products and the below steps. Things you need to clean reusable cotton rounds by hand:
- Warm water
- Step 1: Soak the cotton rounds in mild water which will release the loose stains and colors of makeovers, nail polish, etc from the fiber of the cotton round.
- Step 2: Apply soap gently over the cotton round and massage to remove the buildup of makeup materials. Remember not to rub and squeeze harder. That will make the cotton round weaker structurally. Don’t try to remove strain forcefully because that will create and increase the amount of wear and tear on it.
- Step 3: Rinse the cotton round with water until the water runs clear. Two or three washes will give a perfect result. Again, don’t squeeze harder or scratch it with nails to remove stains.
- Step 4: Do dry the cotton round simply by putting it into a towel or flat drying rack or hanging them under sunlight to dry.
- Washing your reusable cotton rounds in the sink is a gentler method that extends their lifespan as it causes less stress to the fabric while washing.
5 Steps to Machine Wash Reusable Cotton Rounds
If you are in a hurry or have cotton rounds caught with strains that were not manageable with hand wash then washing your reusable cotton rounds using a washing machine is more convenient. If you possess enough stockpile of these then you can wash them on your weekend by adding them to your laundry list. Things you will need to wash reusable cotton rounds:
- A mesh laundry bag
- Suitable detergent of choice
- Vinegar for hard strains (optional)
- Hot and cold water
Step 1: Place in a bag
It is wise to use a mesh bag to prevent any damage to the reusable cotton rounds because of the washing machines whirling chaos. Reusable bamboo cotton rounds come with a mesh bag that is specially built for smaller, more delicate items to get machine-washed without facing wear and tear. A mesh bag will also help you to wash the cotton rounds systemically as they are a pretty small thing and tends to get lost if not handled properly. If you don’t have a mesh bag, then an ordinary small laundry bag will also bag.
There again, you can also have built your mesh bag at home without much hassle. Arranging the cotton rounds in sizes and colors will prevent any size mix and color contamination within the same batch.
Step 2: Use mild detergent
The use of detergent should be taken seriously. Detergents are formations of harsh chemicals that often damages soft fabrics. As reusable cotton rounds are soft therefore a light-toned, mild, biodegradable detergent should be used. Your cotton rounds are small in size and don’t contain such amount of stains or specks of dirt. Again detergents often contain high-power chemicals which not only damage the natural structure and composition but also using highly corrosive detergent in your cotton rounds may cause skin damage in repeated use.
Thus a simple washing powder/ liquid will do the trick. After the machine is running and you have set a timer, take a nap or do a few from your to-do’s while your reusable cotton rounds are getting cleaned.
Step 3: Avoid bleach and softener
There is no use of bleaching powder and artificial softener in washing your cotton rounds. Rather they create chemical reactions in the natural construction of the bamboo cotton rounds which ultimately damages the natural softness of it. Also, due to high-power chemicals, you may see faded hues, and color disorientation in different parts of your reusable cotton rounds. So it should be wise not to use any kind of bleach or softener.
Step 4: A little cold, after the wash
After a long jingle of roar when the machine finally stops it is time for a fresh wash of the cotton rounds with cold water. The wash will leave the rounds hot and cold water wash will help it to stable. A slow RPM cold wash will soak out the remaining dust, and oil strains out of it.
Step 5: A lazy dry
Now it is time for your reusable cotton rounds to be dry. As you were doing machine washing, you would have thought of a usual machine dry. Just forget about it. The cotton rounds have already gone through a pretty hectic day. To dry them up, just leave them alone to air dry. Though some cotton rounds come with tumble-drying viability, in that case, read the instructions carefully. It is better to dry them up under direct sunlight or leave them in a flat-lying dryer rack for a natural dry.
Removing Stains From Reusable Cotton Rounds
You have a few reusable cotton rounds which have one or two colors of strains. You have tried hand washing and machine washing both but they are too stubborn to go then you can use some other special treatments. Though it is not a big deal to have such strains in your cotton rounds but to have a strain-free experience you can try a little dish soap over it and rinse it until they fade lighter. Another method is to take a teaspoon of bicarb soda and make a paste by mixing a few drops of water in it, applying it over the strains, and rubbing it for a while. Leave it for a few minutes and rinse. Eureka!
Tips & Tricks
A few tips and tricks you can follow for better removal of strains and a better cleaning experience with your reusable cotton rounds.
- Reorganize the cotton rounds before washing. Wash with similar colors or in a separate batch for dealing with color contamination.
- If you doing a machine wash of your cotton rounds, you can pre-soak in vinegar before night. This will help to loosen the strains which removal seems to be a hard nut to crack.
- That will be a bit of advice to wash off your reusable cotton rounds firsthand when you are using them for the first time. It will remove all the negative particles which may cause damage to your skin.
- Instead of bleacher and softener, you can use lemon juice to whiten your white rounds. It will glow naturally.
Reusable cotton rounds are suitable for toner. Just soak the cotton rounds in your toner and swipe over your face skin. They are perfect for different types of face skin care use.
If reusable cotton pads are properly washed in between use then you don’t have to think about hygiene. You can easily wash it with soap by hand or use detergent for machine wash.
The reason your face is dirty after using toner you haven’t cleaned it properly. Soak some toner on cotton rounds and swipe thoroughly over the face skin to clear it properly.
Cotton rounds or makeup remover pads are an important part of the human skincare routine. Whether you are putting makeup on or removing it, cotton rounds are ab indefinite use. To sustain the life of a reusable cotton round, it has to be clean for further use. To do so you have to take certain measures stated above. These steps don’t only keep your beloved cotton rounds clean but also help you to take care of your face skin safely.
The best thing about a reusable cotton round is not just the user-oriented procedure of using and cleaning it but the fact that due to its availability of multiple uses, the user and planet Earth both are getting benefited in the long run. Using reusable cotton rounds is just a part of saving your hard-earned pocket money and saving mother earth in a broader aspect.